If you are a current Florida homeschool family, or are interested in transitioning to homeschooling, follow the steps below.
1. Register with your school district.
If you are not currently registered as a homeschool student, you will need to contact your district office to register. Current homeschool families can contact their district to obtain guidelines for homeschool students taking FLVS courses. Ask your district about the following:
- Student portfolio requirements
- Grade promotion information
- Yearly evaluation requirements
- Instructions to file a letter of intent (sometimes called the homeschool verification letter)*
2. Review the Home Education Guide
Review the Home Education Guide to learn more about:
- Home Education Laws
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Middle and High School Reading Lists & Course Progression Recommendations
3. Sign up for your FLVS course!
Additional Homeschool Resources
- Course progression recommendations
- Homeschool District Contact information
- Homeschool FAQs
- FLVS Advisement Center
- School Calendar
- End of Course Assessments
- Florida Home Education Foundation
- Florida Home Education Foundation newsletter
- Florida Parent Educator Association (FPEA)
Still have questions? We're here to help.
Click here to contact a FLVS School Counselor or call 844-522-1964.
* In order for us to process this letter, it must be up-to-date, demonstrating that you are registered with your county and in good standing.